We are currently seeking to fill our Systems Administrator position.
The Systems Administrator provides day-to-day technical and logistical support to all Tippett Studio employees, and supports the Systems Department’s technical support mission in conjunction with the Help Desk Administrator. This technical support position is end-user focused, mobile, and will require an emphasis on delivering excellent customer service along with a strong technical aptitude for learning and understanding software, hardware, and network infrastructures. This position calls for strong experience with Windows administration.
The below list describes the essential functions of this role, but other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
• Monitor and troubleshoot the studio’s servers, workstations, and network infrastructure.
• Maintain and execute operating system bulk deployment technologies (eg. Windows AIK, PXE boot, kickstart).
• Maintain and execute OS-level configuration-management tools for Window, Mac, and Linux.
• Maintain and execute bulk application deployment for Windows and Mac.
• Provide technical support (triage, troubleshooting, and resolution) for all Studio users.
• Maintain a working knowledge of current industry best practices, as well as hardware and software trends.
• Understand and be capable of troubleshooting problems with Windows, MacOS X, and Linux desktop environments and standard tools.
• Contribute documentation for the department and actively ensure it is up-to-date.
• Provide effective user training and education.
• Provide a strong team presence to the end user community.
• Work closely with a diverse team in a highly dynamic environment.
• Support regular personnel shifts through hardware deployments, moves, and configuration changes.
• Support the Help Desk Administrator in maintaining an accurate and up-to-date inventory for Studio assets.
• Maintain an active understanding of the Studio’s systems infrastructure and be capable of identify and troubleshooting problems with it.
• Other duties as required by Systems Manager or Systems Architect.
• Provide primary back-up phone coverage for the Help Desk Administrator.
Qualifications, knowledge, and skills:
• Degree or certifications in related fields, or equivalent experience.
• Python or other scripting language experience is highly desired.
• Experience with any of the following is desired: Active Directory, Puppet, SonicWall, Cisco iOS and/or NX-OS, Hitachi NAS, CommVault, SpectraLogic, VMWare, Scalix, MySQL/MariaDB/PostgreSQL, Apache, Sensu, Grafana, BestPractical RT.
• In-depth technical knowledge and experience with Linux, Windows, MacOS X.
• Excellent analysis, troubleshooting, and prioritization skills.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong documentation and technical writing skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Demonstrate self motivation, persistence and follow-through.
• Ability to maintain patience and professionalism in a high-stress, fast-paced environment. • Ability to be on-call (carry a pager) as part of a periodic cycle.
• Hardware knowledge and repair experience a plus.
• Knowledge of production software (MS Project, MS Office, etc) a plus.
We offer a full benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision insurance, life and AD&D, voluntary life, voluntary long term disability, and paid time off.
To be considered, you must be eligible to work in the United States without employer visa sponsorship.
To apply for this position:
– Email resumes to: email@example.com
– Send your resume and cover letter in PDF format. – Be sure to include the following in the subject line: Resume: Your Name, Systems Administrator
If your skills and abilities are a good match for the job opening, you will be contacted in the near future. We will make every attempt to contact all qualified candidates, but due to the high volume of interest on our job openings, we may not be able to contact every individual. We will not be returning phone calls or emails seeking further information about the opening or to confirm that we have received your resume.