We are currently seeking to fill a SENIOR CG CHARACTER MODELER position.
We are currently hiring an experienced SENIOR CG CHARACTER MODELER.
Senior CG Character Modeler
The Senior CG Modeler uses advanced technical expertise, artistic ability and knowledge of animation to create models that meet the quality standards of Tippett Studio and our clients from around the world.
The Senior CG Character Modeler is responsible for the creation of hero assets and may provide input and assessments about the functionality of the model department, and assume a leadership or mentor role for more Jr. CG Modelers.
- Regularly tasked with the most complex and challenging assets during a given production.
- Provide strategic input on overall direction of department (procedures, hiring, tools), as needed.
- Test new software and make recommendations to the studio for the acquisition of new tools/software, as needed.
- Mentor and help train more junior members of the team.
- Oversee department-related projects/tests during downtime.
- Prepare and build models for characters and stand-ins for layout.
- Develop prop elements.
- Create environmental sets and structures.
- Lay out UVs.
- Meet production deadlines and quota targets.
- Take direction and contribute effectively within the creative departments.
- Effectively resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- At least 5 years of CG experience with Polygon Character modeling and UV’ing skills.
- Able to develop multiple types of models, both mechanical and organic, that reflect production design.
- Maya and ZBrush / Mudbox experience.
- Knowledgeable about creating Facial Blend Shapes and familiarity with character rigging applications.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must possess ability to follow art direction and work efficiently within a collaborative production environment.
- Strong technical ability and patience for troubleshooting issues.
- Experience with creative problem-solving.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Fine arts background and proficiency with Photoshop are a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux operating system and basic knowledge of shell scripting tools are preferred.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
To be considered for this position, please include links to your resume and reel. You may contact us at:
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Please be sure to include the following in the subject line:
Resume: Your Name, Modeler
If your skills and abilities are a good match for the job opening, you will be contacted in the near future. We will make every attempt to contact all qualified candidates, but due to the high volume of interest on our job openings, we may not be able to contact every individual. We will not be returning phone calls or emails seeking further information about the opening or to confirm that we have received your resume.