We are currently seeking to fill a CG PUPPET ARTIST (RIGGER) position.
We are currently hiring experienced CG Puppet Artists (Riggers)
CG Puppet Artist
The CG Puppet Artist creates and maintains animation control and surface deformation simulating an organic surface quality for characters used in production. This role is also responsible for creating creatures and characters that are anatomically accurate, detailed, and easily controlled by animators, as well as tools to assist the manipulation and creation of these characters.
The below list describes the essential functions of this role, but other duties may be assigned,
- Works with Animation and Visual Effect Supervisors to create the desired animation controls and deformation qualities for characters on a project.
- Monitors effectiveness of animation controls and deformations; makes adjustments as necessary throughout the production by developing tools and techniques as needed.
- Create and maintain studio-wide solutions for character and animation pipeline.
- Takes direction from team/show lead. Actively participates in development efforts and brings new ideas to the table.
- Actively participates in dailies/meetings; provides input and recommendations necessary to achieve the goal of the project.
- Accountable for meeting project deadlines and assignment targets, as instructed.
Qualifications, knowledge, and skills:
- 2+ years experience in CG character setup in a production environment, VFX-specific environment preferred.
- Thorough understanding of surface deformation and procedural rigging solutions.
- Production experience using Autodesk Maya.
- Strong examples showing character anatomy as it pertains to animation.
- Solid understanding of Python in Maya. MEL development experience preferred.
- Experience with C++, QT, and/or PyQt a plus.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a team, with strong communication skills and attention to detail, and able to take direction in a fluid, fast-paced production environment.
- Training in visual arts or displays related skill.
- Animation, modeling, simulation or other complimentary production experience preferred.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
To be considered for this position, please include links to your resume and reel.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include the following in the subject line:
Resume: Your Name, Animator
If your skills and abilities are a good match for the job opening, you will be contacted in the near future. We will make every attempt to contact all qualified candidates, but due to the high volume of interest on our job openings, we may not be able to contact every individual. We will not be returning phone calls or emails seeking further information about the opening or to confirm