We current have a vacancy for a PIPELINE TECHNICAL ASSISTANT position.
Pipeline Technical Assistant
The Pipeline Technical Assistant is an intermediate-level position whose primary responsibility is to support artists in production. The Pipeline Technical Assistant also works to ensure that productions run smoothly and efficiently. This position reports to the R&D Manager.
- Assist artists with render job debugging and with general troubleshooting.
- Assist CG supervisor with production setup and configuration tasks.
- Test new software, tools, and pipeline improvements.
- Work with CG Supervisor and R&D to address production-specific pipeline needs.
- Maintain an awareness of production resource utilization.
- Work with R&D to maintain, extend, and update core production pipeline software.
- Make observations about pipeline successes and shortcomings and communicate them to the CG Supervisor and R&D.
- Be willing and able to learn new software, programming languages, and techniques that will be required to fulfill the above duties.
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Proactive and highly motivated.
- Intermediate-level or better programming skills in any language.
- Good working knowledge of Linux/UNIX required.
- Knowledge of RenderMan, Katana, Maya, Nuke, or other similar industry tools a plus.
- Familiarity with film post-production and/or computer graphics techniques highly desired.
- Python and MEL skills preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred.
- Career focus for the visual effects industry strongly preferred.
- Ability to learn new skills autonomously highly desired.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
If your skills and abilities are a good match for the job opening, you will be contacted in the near future. We will make every attempt to contact all qualified candidates, but due to the high volume of interest on our job openings, we may not be able to contact every individual. We will not be returning phone calls or emails seeking further information about the opening or to confirm that we have received your resume