We are currently seeking to fill an ENVIRONMENT ARTIST position.
We are currently hiring an experienced ENVIRONMENT ARTIST
The Environment Artist is responsible for assisting in the research, development, and implementation of methods and techniques to efficiently create, manage, and maintain CG environments and assets. This position partners closely with the art director, show leads and visual effects supervisor on the production.
The below list describes the essential functions of this role, but other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
- Work with the lead environment artist to model, texture, shade, light, and render CG environments & assets. Some FX sims help may be required.
- Help define appropriate, efficient, technical, and aesthetic workflows for given shots and sequences.
- Help streamline environment-related processes by identifying solutions and communicating them to environment artists as well as artists in other departments.
- Identify solutions that define and maintain the look required for the production while minimizing render times.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving technical/workflow issues between various disciplines that are involved in creating environments.
- Help monitor render issues and assist in the optimization of work flows and render times.
- Identify and call attention to potential issues and problems at the earliest possible stage and recommend appropriate solutions for best possible outcome.
- Maintain a high level of communication with and understanding of the other teams involved in the project while keeping an ongoing awareness of the show schedule.
- Maintain a high level of quality of work while juggling multiple shots.
- Complete required tasks within the given deadlines.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- Proficient in projection painting techniques.
- Proficient in layout and composition.
- Proficient in modeling, texture painting, lighting and FX.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Nuke, Maya, Katana, Clarisse.
- Technical ability and patience to troubleshoot issues.
- Experience with creative problem-solving.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to think critically about workflow and procedures.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
To be considered for this position, please include links to your resume and reel. You may contact us at:
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Please be sure to include the following in the subject line:
Resume: Your Name, Environment Artist
If your skills and abilities are a good match for the job opening, you will be contacted in the near future. We will make every attempt to contact all qualified candidates, but due to the high volume of interest on our job openings, we may not be able to contact every individual. We will not be returning phone calls or emails seeking further information about the opening or to confirm that we have received your resume.