We current have a vacancy for a DIGITAL RESOURCES WRANGLER position.
DIGITAL RESOURCES WRANGLER
The Digital Resources Wrangler (DRW) is part of a team that manages the I/O, rendering, and disk space resources of a visual effects studio. The DRW is expected to work within the fast-paced environment of a studio that is handling multiple shows at one time. This is a non-exempt position.
The below list describes the essential functions of this role, but other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
- Responsible for managing the render farm and working with Production to assign priorities and allocations.
- Responsible for triage and fixing of broken render farm jobs.
- Responsible for communicating with production when jobs cannot be fixed.
- Responsible for managing incoming/outgoing production deliveries.
- Responsible for managing production disk space.
- Handles various special projects relating to old data migration and archiving, as necessary.
- Works with Systems and RnD on the development of new data management tools, as necessary.
- Creates tools and scripts to streamline or eliminate repetitive tasks.
Qualifications, knowledge, and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred.
- Proven knowledge of and experience with Linux/Unix, Python or Perl, and tcsh required.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects.
- Must work well in a team environment; possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Positive demeanor, with good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Understanding of pressure-based production environments and VFX industry customs.
- Ability to work 9 hour days (45-50 hours a week) and at least one weekend per month.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends on an occasional basis as Production requires.
- Knowledge of queuing systems, graphics programming, Maya, Nuke, Pixar Renderman and other VFX industry tools a plus.
To be considered, you must be eligible to work in the United States without employer visa sponsorship.
To apply for this position:
– Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Send your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
– Be sure to include the following in the subject line:
Resume: Your Name, DRW
If your skills and abilities are a good match for the job opening, you will be contacted in the near future. We will make every attempt to contact all qualified candidates, but due to the high volume of interest on our job openings, we may not be able to contact every individual. We will not be returning phone calls or emails seeking further information about the opening or to confirm that we have received your resume.