We are currently seeking to fill a DIGITAL COMPOSITOR position.
We are currently hiring an experienced DIGITAL COMPOSITOR (NUKE)
The Compositor is responsible for compositing visual effects shots using NUKE and in- house software packages in our Linux-based production pipeline
The below list describes the essential functions of this role, but other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
- Integrate cg elements and matte paintings into live action plates.
- Match color, lighting and exposure of stock elements to rendered or photographed
- Matte extractions from blue/green screen photography.
- Present work clearly in dailies and rounds and respond to supervisor feedback in a
- Transform and warp elements as needed.
- 2D/3D camera tracking and stabilization.
- Grain and degrain shots as necessary.
- Plate speed up/slow down manipulation.
- Matte edge processing and integration.
- Quality Control black levels, grain, color, mattes.
- Occasional help with paint fixes and rotoscoping work.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Experience compositing with NUKE.
- Production experience in a Linux environment.
- An eye for color and composition.
- Color correction and matting skills.
- Must have strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Must be able to take direction and exercise attention to detail in a fast-paced
- Must be highly organized, strong ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Background in art/photography or related production experience is a plus.
- Experience with Maya or another 3D package a plus.
- Knowledge of projection mapping a plus.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
To be considered for this position, please include links to your resume and reel. You may contact us at:
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include the following in the subject line:
Resume: Your Name, Compositor
If your skills and abilities are a good match for the job opening, you will be contacted in the near future. We will make every attempt to contact all qualified candidates, but due to the high volume of interest on our job openings, we may not be able to contact every individual. We will not be returning phone calls or emails seeking further information about the opening or to confirm that we have received your resume.