We are currently seeking to fill a CG PAINTER position.
We are currently hiring an experienced CG PAINTER
The CG Painter is responsible for the creation and application of textures as well as setting shader parameters to achieve surface qualities needed in the completion of assets used in production.
The below list describes the essential functions of this role, but other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
- Creates and applies textures necessary to execute the desired effect of a creature and/or object as directed by the paint lead or art Director.
- Creates and maintains texture maps and command files.
- Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions.
- Establishes surface textures and prepares shots for lighting.
- Participates in dailies and other meetings as required by production and
- Initiates dialogue and assumes responsibility for assigned work.
- Presents ideas about improving work and/or workflow; identifies problems and
- Consistently meets production, management and paint team goals and deadlines in
an expedient and efficient manner.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- • Possess strong composition skills as well as fine arts skills, such as illustration, painting, and/or sculpting skills.
• Working knowledge of Photoshop, Mari, and Maya.
• Strong technical knowledge of shader attributes as relating to Renderman.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team and take direction professionally.
• Strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
• Familiarity with VFX pipelines and work flows.
• Experience with Linux and Renderman.
• Knowledge of Katana a plus.
• Familiarity with film post production techniques and computer graphics techniques preferred.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
To be considered for this position, please include links to your resume and reel. You may contact us at:
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Please be sure to include the following in the subject line:
Resume: Your Name, CG Painter
If your skills and abilities are a good match for the job opening, you will be contacted in the near future. We will make every attempt to contact all qualified candidates, but due to the high volume of interest on our job openings, we may not be able to contact every individual. We will not be returning phone calls or emails seeking further information about the opening or to confirm that we have received your resume.